To apply for camp with CCUSA…
- You must be 18 by 1 June of the year you want to go.
- You should be available to depart between 1 May and 20 June.
- You have to be available for a minimum of nine weeks until 14 August at the earliest.
- You must be fluent in English.
If you fulfil all those requirements, then here’s the process of getting to camp with CCUSA laid out plainly in 27 steps!
- Go to an information evening (optional)
- Fill in the CCUSA Footprints application form by:
- – Deciding on the skills you want to use
- – Uploading photos
- – Making a video
- – Completing all personal details
- – Deciding which kind of camp you want to work on
- Send it off
- Pay £45
- Organise an interview
(or go to the Camp Counselor Recruitment Fairs and get hired on the spot)
- Sort medical disclosure with your doctor
- Get two references
- Send off for your CRB check
- Go to interview with medical disclosure and references
- Sit back and relax while your application circulates round 1000s of camps
- Check your CCUSA Footprints account for application updates
- Get hired
- Pay the remaining £454 for medical insurance and departure fees within 30 days of placement
- Gather as much info about your camp as possible
- Buy and read Secret Diary of a Camp Counselor so you know what you’re letting yourself in for
- Go to an orientation in the UK
- Attend your visa interview at the American Embassy in London
- Pack your bags
- Don’t miss your flight
- Go to an overnight orientation in the US
- Get the bus to camp
- Have the best summer ever!
And that’s it!
You can start applying for the following year from March the previous year, and they accept applications until the March before the summer you want to go.
Get your applications in early to get the best chance of attending a camp you want teaching the skill you like.