Just watched Camp Rock. I have to say I was enthralled – not my usual cup of tea, but it definitely entertained me. Thought I would just give a little review as to whether there is any truth behind all the squeaky, meaningful voices and cheesy grins…
- Random music jams by the kids.
- The life or death mindset over every performance.
- Slightly unhinged, but fun, counselors like the ginger woman.
- Bitchiness and determination from the ‘cool’ kids – Tess reminds me of Britney in my book.
- Celebrity’s kids.
- The cool location with the lakeside setting.
- Everybody being friends in the end no matter how much they fought during the summer.
- Mitchie and her mum’s cabin is hilarious – they do not have carpets and wooden furniture. Nor are they as warm looking as their room.
- The calm at lunch times. There was definitely less people at ‘Camp Rock’ than at my camp, but I’m sure no camp across America is as calm at meal times as that one.
- The quality of the costumes and staging.
- How clean and preened the kids look.
- The fact none of the kids know how to play an instrument.
- The Jonas Brothers putting in a surprise performance.
Terrible acting, awful lip syncing, but lovely little film to pass an hour and a half and is a little bit true. Watch it!