You can be a camp counselor with Camp Leaders in 27 easy steps. If you apply before February 28th 2013 you can also get £50 off too, so hurry, hurry!
There are a few ‘must haves’ to start though…
- You must be 18 by 1 June of the year you want to go.
- You should be available to depart between 1 May and 20 June.
- You have to be available for a minimum of nine weeks until 14 August at the earliest.
- You must be fluent in English.
If you fulfil all those requirements, then here’s the process of getting to camp with Camp Leaders laid out plainly in 27 steps!
- Decide you want to go with Camp Leaders
- Go to an information evening (optional)
- Fill in the online application form by:
- - Deciding on the skills you want to use
- - Uploading photos
- - Making a video
- - Completing all personal details
- - Deciding which kind of camp you want to work on
- Pay £49
- Organise an interview (or go to the Camp Counselor Recruitment Fairs)
- Sort medical disclosure
- Get two references
- Send off for your CRB check
- Go to interview with medical disclosure and references and pass
- Pay the second deposit of £150 within 21 days of being accepted
- Sit back and relax while your application circulates round 1000s of camps
- Get hired
- Gather as much info about your camp as possible
- Pay the remaining £300 within 60 days of being accepted
- Buy and read Secret Diary of a Camp Counselor
- Go to a Camp Leaders orientation day in the UK
- Attend your visa interview at the American Embassy in London
- Pack your bags
- Get to the airport and don’t miss your flight
- Go to an overnight orientation in the US
- Get the bus to camp
- Have the best summer ever!
And that’s it!
You can start applying for the following year from March the previous year, and they accept applications until the March before the summer you want to go.
Get your applications in early to get the best chance of attending a camp you want teaching the skill you like.