Included in your CCUSA, Camp America, BUNAC and Camp Leaders agency fees is everything you’ll need while at camp. Bear in mind that camp is usually nine weeks long, but some camps can be up to 12 weeks. You will get paid well for the extra days though, so if you have the time they’ll make it worth it.
- Transatlantic return flights from London to your camp’s preferred airport
- Travel from arrival airport in the US to your camp
- Pocket money ranging from £373 to £746 based on your skills, experience and the camp agency you choose – Camp America, CCUSA, BUNAC, Camp Leaders or AmeriCamp
- Placement at camp
- A UK based pre-departure day to get you prepared for camp
- Assistance with your J-1 visa and cultural exchange permits
- Paid-for interview at the American Embassy
- Three months medical insurance
- 24 hour support while in the USA
- Food and accommodation while at camp
- 30 days grace period to travel after camp
AmeriCamp includes all but the flight and the interview at the American Embassy (usually £100ish).