Cheers for the post Amey Jay!
Summer camps are exciting places to be and they can provide more chances to unwind than any other place thanks to the outdoorsy lifestyle. The best thing about them is that they bring peers together. Summer camp counselors are generally all school leavers on a constrained budget who can’t afford to travel the world on their parents’ credit card.
Here are 10 reasons why working a summer at camp is an excellent idea once you finish at school…
1. Summer camp is an excellent way to meet friends without necessarily having to go to a party, an activity or an events. It’s a cheap way to interact with people of different cultures and to learn about their background. You’ll never believe the diverse range of people you’ll meet at camp, and the experiences you’ll be opened to.
2. Working at camp is a great way to enhance your CV skills for the future. Do one of the accredited TEFL courses before you go and you could be teaching English to kids at camp for the summer. It’s a brilliant way to increase your future employability once you leave.
3. Anytime spent at home just living your life is expensive. From eating to drinking to just getting around; life costs a lot. Working at a summer camp as a school leaver assures that you will get all the meals free of charge and drinks too. Not to mention board and trips away with or without the kids.
4. Summer camps are a safe place to hang out. You can learn to be yourself away from your high school friends in a safe and supportive environment. It’s a great way to find out who you really are.
5. Working at summer camp is a cheap adventure. In summer camps one is likely to enjoy swimming, hiking the forest trails and staying around the fire without paying a penny. It’s an adventure to just be away from the roads, the familiar buildings and enjoy the natural environment around you.
6. Summer camps do require volunteers to help in teaching the young kids about life and other duties. In participating in these summer camps, a school leaver will learn skills on communication, counseling, proper utilisation of time, leadership skills among many others. This will help add practice to be written in the curriculum vitae while looking for a job.
7. Working at summer camp will help you earn some money. This can help you out in future travels and in purchasing any material to be used in the next academic level or job seeking.